NKC is a national TKM kart racing championship taking place over 6 rounds at 6 different circuits, for drivers aged 16 and over. All competitors use the popular TKM BT82 piston port 2 stroke engine, which has a long and proven track record in the UK, and one set of tyres for the whole championship.
NEXT RACE – WHILTON MILL
Full regulations have now been published and can be downloaded below. Here are some of the key points about racing in the NKC
- - Race weekend - £110
- - No MSA licence required
- - Senior TKM 115cc engine built to standard fiche
- - Chassis are open with no restrictions on torsion bars or caster/camber adjustors
- - One set of slick tyres to be used across all six rounds (wets unrestricted)
- - Standard TKM weights enforced
- - Normal safety equipment required - motorcycle helmets allowed
- - Drivers must be in the year of their 16th birthday or over
- - One dropped round
We are firm believers in the benefits of using tyres for many races and see no significant drawbacks. Therefore our regulations state that only 1 set of slicks may be used for the duration of the championship.
We are pleased to be working with Biz Karts again on the supply of Mitas slicks and wets. Both tyres took everything we could throw at them in 2017 and proved to be the perfect choice for NKC.
Only tyres purchased from NKC may be used in the championship races. There is no restriction on tyres used in practice sessions.
We are now accepting orders for both practice and race tyres.Order online here
Slicks - £125
Wets - £135
Registration for the 2018 championship is now open.
Registration is only £30 which includes an NKC tyre bag for your race slicks.