NKC is a national kart racing championship taking place over 6 rounds at 6 different circuits, for drivers aged 16 and over. Following 2 successful years using the TKM BT82 engine, for 2019 we have added an additional Rotax Max class. All drivers are limited to a single set of slick race tyres for the season.
The provisional calendar can be found below. The dates and tracks should be confirmed by the end of November.
NEXT RACE – TBA
Full regulations will be published in due course but here are some of the key points about racing in the NKC
- - No MSA licence required
- - £120 per round
- - Chassis are open with no restrictions on torsion bars or caster/camber adjustors
- - One set of slick tyres to be used across all six rounds (wets unrestricted)
- - Standard weights enforced
- - Normal safety equipment required - motorcycle helmets allowed
- - Drivers must be in the year of their 16th birthday or over
- - One dropped round
We are currently testing the popular Maxxis HG1 slick tyre, which has been used successfully in endurance and multi-meeting sprint applications in the UK. If testing goes as well as we expect then this will become our new tyre for 2019, sticking with the 1 set for the season rule.
Only tyres purchased from NKC may be used in the championship races. There is no restriction on tyres used in practice sessions.
Registration for the 2019 championship is now open.
Registration is only £20 for both TKM and Rotax.